Online Payment Gateway
Process credit and debit card payments with the REMITOS payment gateway.
REMITOS provides a reliable all-in-one solution for online merchants planning to accept credit and debit cards from customers anywhere in the world.
All-in-one cards processing solution
REMITOS functions not only as an international payment gateway but also as a merchant account and payment processor and offers all the essential security measures to make e-commerce as simple and safe as possible.
Accept all major credit and debit cards worldwide
Buyers all around the globe can pay you in any currencies. Accept not only MasterCard and Visa but also other popular local and international credit and debit cards like Maestro, Diners Club, Nexi (Carta Si), Dankort, and more.
The REMITOS digital gateway integrates smoothly with the most popular e-commerce systems. We will provide you with ready-to-install modules and guide you through the process. REMITOS has a user-friendly and clear API guide for developers and necessary documentation.
How does a payment gateway work?
You do not need to worry about processing your transactions. The Remitos system will handle the process for you, and you will receive your funds.
3. Merchant account, acquiring bank, card processor
4. Customer’s issuing bank
A payment gateway connects your online shop with your acquiring bank (and your merchant account). This process includes the following steps:
- A customer enters his personal and card data at the checkout and chooses to pay with a credit/debit card.
- Your website encrypts and sends the customer’s data to the gateway.
- Then, the data is transmitted further. It goes through the payment processor and the card associations (Visa and MasterCard) until it reaches your customer’s issuing bank for authorization.
- The payment gateway receives the response that the transaction has been approved and authorized and sends it to your website.
- The order is created, and the money is transferred from your customer’s bank account to your merchant account.